Air Fryer Cauliflower
Updated Dec 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Air fryer cauliflower achieves perfectly cooked florets in just 15 minutes! They’re tender, slightly crispy, and seasoned with paprika and garlic for a subtly spiced and smokey taste. It’s the best way to add cooked cauliflower to dinner plates, bowls, salads, and more.
I have a fondness for cauliflower. And ever since I got my air fryer, this air fryer cauliflower recipe has been a on repeat. Even though I love my Za’atar roasted cauliflower, this recipe is just so darn quick and easy – which means I make it more often. Cauliflower is such a great vegetable to meal prep and add to salads and bowls, or even chopped up into a breakfast hash (you can find this idea in my Healthy Meal Prep cookbook). And now you have one more way to cook it!
I tested a few different temperatures and timings to get this recipe right (as I did with my air fryer broccoli and air fryer carrots), and now I’m confident your cauliflower florets will turn out perfectly on the first try!
Air Fryer Cauliflower Ingredients
- Cauliflower: White cauliflower is usually widely available for everyone. But if you want to use purple, green, or orange cauliflower, go for it!
- Seasoning: For me, warm spices compliment cauliflower just right. It’s a vegetable on the blander side, so a mix of smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper will instantly bring it to life. But feel free to get creative with other spice blends like Za’atar spice or even Cajun seasoning!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below in the recipe card.
How To Cut Cauliflower
If you’re new to cooking cauliflower, here’s a quick run-through on how to cut it. First and foremost, always wash the cauliflower to remove any dirt or debris that is lingering around. Slice the stalk with leaves off, slice the head in half, and then into quarters. Then, remove the florets from the core by hand or by slicing the ends off.
Helpful tip: Don’t toss away the stems and leaves! You can add them to smoothies for a veggie boost or save them for this cauliflower hummus and cauliflower soup. Cauliflower is a great ingredient for many low-carb recipes.
How To Air Fry Cauliflower
Toss Together. Grab a large bowl and toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Air fry the cauliflower. Transfer the cauliflower to the air fryer basket and arrange it in a single layer. You may need to cook in batches if the basket is too crowded. Then, set the temperature to 390°F (200°C) and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes for even browning.
Yes, you can cook frozen cauliflower in the air fryer. Season them while they’re still frozen (no need to thaw) and proceed with the recipe from there! Cooking directly from frozen, rather than thawing, prevents them from becoming overly soft and mushy.
Cooked cauliflower should be tender crisp. But you may have a slightly different texture preference. So for this recipe, check on them at the 10 to 12-minute mark and then assess how much more time they’ll need.
Definitely! And it’s easiest to do after you’ve cut the florets off. Soak the florets in water for about 10 to 15 minutes to make sure you get all the dirt and debris inside the florets out.
While it’s rare to have leftovers of this recipe (it gets gobbled up fast), cooked cauliflower will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container. To reheat it, you can air fry or microwave it for 30 seconds or so until warm. But keep in mind that the cauliflower will naturally soften when it’s reheated.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast: Serve up juicy, tender chicken every time.
- Air Fryer Salmon: The best way to get tender, flaky salmon on the table fast!
- Air Fryer Green Beans: An easy and delicious way to cook green beans.
- Air Fryer Asparagus: A must-make for asparagus season.
- Or check out these other delicious air fryer recipes!
I hope this air fryer cauliflower turns out perfectly! Once you make it, let me know your thoughts on the process in the comment box below.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Ninja Max Air Fryer My favorite air fryer I've used so far!
- Toss Together. In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets, oil, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Air fry the cauliflower. Transfer the cauliflower to the basket of an air fryer. You may need to cook in batches if the basket is too crowded. Set the temperature to 390°F (200°C) and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes for even browning.
- For easy cleanup, you can use these air fryer liners!
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.